Tuesday, December 12, 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarvis_Island

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alert%2C_Nunavut

I'll get the Hawaii blog out soon..., but in the meantime, I have other stuff to talk about.


Since I have gotten back, I have not adjusted back to local time, and the have gotten no rest whatsoever. Last night, I was driving home, and on the long drive, I put on some ben folds, and started thinking about all the places I have been this year, and none of it was in vain, I got to see great friends and family and really enjoy my times away for what they were.

On the plane ride home, I sat in the very middle of the plane, in the middle seat of the middle aisle. I sat next to a lady with her crying baby, and next to an older man whose son was a missionary.

Apparently, this man's son lived on an island in the middle of the south pacific that had two stores and one hospital, and was barely inhabited.

The idea of this intrigued me very much.

One of my favorite movies is this cheesy movied called "Joe Vs. The Volcano", and if you like it, I already love you.

There is this scene where tom hanks, being intrigued with Meg Ryan's pespective of living free asks her where she would go if she could just take a boat and leave, and she replied "away, away from the things of man." And this idea sounded much like what that old man was telling me about this island out in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe it's my lack of rest, but I want to go to those seldom seen places, I want to know what life is like... away from the things of man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home