Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Even though I am scared of Stipey...

I have owned this album over 6 times. And by that, I mean, I have bought it as many times. The first time was in the early 90's when I owned it on cassette until it broke. Then I think my brother took one of the cds, an ex stold a copy, I bought another copy in a used rack that skipped, and then another one that skipped on a different track, and then another I gave away as a gift, and then I own this again.



Some people say that REM's "document" is probably their best. I love "UP" and "Document", but "Green" is the one that reaches deep into me and still captivates me as if it was new. Having driven around most of the country, this album always holds up, although I could do without PopSong89. I am sure I have listened to this album at least 300 times all the way through.


Still to this day, listening to this envokes certain smells, memories, and just puts me in a certain place that is somewhat magical in a way that not many albums can do.

Most people dismiss REM, but they are of equal importance to a band like U2, except with REM you get a band that doesn't need to sound big, doesn't need to be epic, they are great big or soft. Fragile, warm, and personal, I love this album with a passion.

1 Comments:

Blogger stephen joseph said...

good choice!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home