Wednesday, August 16, 2006

it's almost midnight, closing up an interesting tuesday...

at work I got positive affirmations and got to talk with some people and just get to be goofy and silly even though I was working...

I got to go to lunch and just be me with a friend, by the way, pile ups are a great meal!

Today I was thinking about the song "Always Love" by Nada Surf, my current musical obession, and I remember driving down the I-5 talking with Grace about how implicently simple they can be lyrically at times and I put this song aside sometimes because of it, but the lyrics are actually really cool,corny, but cool-just love because pain will always have it's way if you don't.

I got to make some music after work and this is where it gets a little geeky so if you don't wanna hear, skip to the next paragraph: I ordered a new M-Audio interface today and got a new condeser mic so I can record more of what I want to do musically. I write songs everyday, and I need to start capturing them more. My friends ask me all the time to let them hear some of the music I have been making, and I think it's a good idea to do it moreso for me and me only.

So after the geekness, I am looking forward to see Damien Jurado on his fall tour, I know a little more but I can't say now, but will say more once it is right.

I got to see some friends tonight that I normally don't see, and as a result I probably looked like an a-hole to those I didn't pay enough attention to. It always happens like this, I try to be there for too many people and am inadvertenley a jerk to someone. It's not intended, I promise.

Tonight, I also got a call from a good friend tonight that worked out to be a great but short conversation. I will start off by saying that I am Christian, and because I speak up from time to time or I am nice to you does not mean I have some answer you are looking for, I have a love in my heart that I would love for everyone to know, but that is nothing I have ever wanted to push or sell to anyone, and just because I believe, doesn't mean I know it all on a subject. For a fews years, me and this friend were looked up to way too much and were put in really uncomfortable positions because we just wanted to help. Faith is a personal thing, and if people ask me, I will share, but that by no means makes me someone to look up to. We both talked about our experiences with this, and I let him know that is part of the reason I stopped talking to almost all of my friends for almost a whole year one time. Imagine everyone thinking they know you and they have no clue who you are outside of a certain setting...

We are who we are, and faith is something that is with us regardless for those who believe, not people's perceptions or expectations of you. People may look up to us for answers, but sometimes people just have unrealistic expectations of what someone should be. People are never the answer, that I do know...

so I am sitting here missing alot of people in my life who actually get me beyond what is percieved of me. if you think I am leaving you out of the loop, in most cases that is not intentional, just how it is right now.

Bands/Artists I am Mad at you for not checking out:

Eli Moore
Johanna Kunin
Casey Dienel
Spookey Ruben
The Blow
Arms
Chad VanGaalen
Jonah Mantraga
Thomas Denver Jonsson

Go over to the hype machine or find them on myspace and start making mixes!


I can promise nothing,
Steve

1 Comments:

Blogger stephen joseph said...

yeah, it was a good conversation and I am not afraid of you and I will .... uh nevermind.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home