Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This is something that has been on my mind alot lately.


I have this feeling that we, as a whole, tend to not speak up and not express our inner artistic nature in fears that we would be seen odd or not as cool to the perception or ideal of what the Masses might imaginarily think.


I do honestly believe that there is a desire to create inside everyone. And I see the way that art is percieved to basically be drawn up into two categories:


1. Accepetd, usually safe or something that has garnered it's acceptance over a period of time. We have become used to the idea. (Usually, not ridiculed)


2. Not accepeted. Nothing overtly wrong with it, but a little too different to what the Masses can handle at the time. (Almost always ridiculed)



This is not to sound mean, so if you know this person or you are this person, please know this is not an offense, but an example:


I have a picture of three chairs in one of my previous posts. I had received one particular comment that was basically to the affect of "why would you take a picture of chairs?" And this becomes a metaphor for creative culture, either we see chairs or we possibly see, colour, shape, composition, the use of negative vs. positive space. Or basically, they just didn't like the picture, which is cool.


God is a creator, and I believe that he gives us the gift of creation to do just so. Create. I believe this gift is in everyone. Whether it be visual arts, music, poetry, longform, or otherwise, please do not supress your ideas to conform away from a gift that God has freely given you. I know it might not be something everyone likes, but the fact that you like it enough to bring it into this world is art enough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home