Friday, May 05, 2006

To start off, my day was going kind of weird. The rain always makes for hesitant travel, and then around 4p.m. I got the call that I would be going to Norman to work merch for John Vanderslice, so the hesitant travel was pretty gone. Also it was turning out not to be the scorching heat that was on the day preceeding it. On the drive up, I had two really good talks with JP & Stormy. I love knowing that I have friends that are not conditional with me. They are my friends regardless of time and distance and I love them and support them in all they do. So, it's getting closer to sundown and the nice weather and great music make me remember how much I love driving. I get into Norman and go by guestroom records and get the new Fiery Furnaces; it's better than the last one, but not as good as the previous ones, overall not bad though. Afterwards I head on over to the Opolis, day seemingly good. John is such a nice guy. Him and David (his bass player) set me up and I was good to go. Emperor X did a great set, kind of reminded me of a K records band. Minus Story was awesome (everyone should check out this band). The best thing about this show was that you could tell that the artists were all fans of one another. And the second best thing about the show was that this whole family showed up, kid and all. They came by the merch table and I let them know how cool it was to see a whole family at a show, and how it made me smile to know that actually happens. Apparently, their kid is a huge Vanderslice fan. They played a great set where the sound was mixed brilliantly, and all throughout, my previous years in sales had come to be of an advantage to me in that I kept upselling people on getting two albums. All in all, I had a good drive, got to hear some great music, met some great people, and helped out someone who gives us the gift of great music. Even the ride back home was nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home