Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Today, during what was supposed to be my lunch, I met this guy from Wisconsin. He was crying and I could tell that he needed someone to talk to. I let him know that, "I'm nobody special, but you could talk to me." -To which he did. He let me know that his fiance back home in WI had been with another man recently and this guy seemed so awesome to me because of his responses to her. He let me know that in order for them to still be together, that he needed that other guy out of her life, something they are still working out. But the fact that he understood and loved her enough to not blow up at her. He went into how he shouldn't just dump it all on her how he felt and how he could understand that people love differently and that even though she was in the wrong, he could put his own personal emotions and hurt aside to think about her and how she feels. "This is not something that will be resolved overnight", he told me, and it seemed like instead of having someone to talk with, he just needed someone to listen. It made me think about my own life and how I listen alot, but sometimes not enough. ya know? We all Love different and we should be loving enough to accept that and work things out. This guy from WI, he didn't want to give me his name (which I could understand), talked with me and at me, and taught me. It's funny how you think you know something, but then when you apply it to yourself, it is a whole other story. I am glad I missed lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home