Friday, June 23, 2006

You know how much isn't happening for me when I am typing about food.



Last night, I stayed in to get some much needed rest, and so besides some talking on the phone, I decided to make a nice sandwich. The idea comes from a sandwich I got a quiznos', the tomato cheddar melt.



Here's how you make it:



Turn the broiler on high


Grill up some red bell peppers (very little)OR have very little tomato sauce
Chop up some onions


Slice some tomatoesget your spices and olive oil (or vinegrette)



and preferably get out some cracker barrel cheddar (red pack)


Lay out the bread of choice on the cookie sheet (no rye, that stuff is gross)


lay down the peppers or sauce


then the tomatoes
then the oinions

some cracked black pepper


put the cheddar slices on topbasil


oregano


drizzle or the olive oil (or vinegrette) lightly over the top


and place in the ovenin about 4 minutes, you will have an awesome sandwich!!!




I dunno why I tried it, but the ideas lingered in my mind, and man it was good.I can't complain about my day when my biggest thing of the day was a sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home