Thursday, May 11, 2006

As some of you already know. I have been a vegetarian since january of '02.

I rarely mention this, people usually ask me at dinners or lunches when I am not eating meat.

I get one of two reactions from this:

1. (Intrigue)- "Oh, you're a vegatarian?" in that voice that I might know something that they do not.

2. (Disgust)- "OH! You don't eat meat eh? That ain't right." in the demeanor that implies I think of myself as some pious jackwipe that thinks all people who do are savages.


For clarity, let me give you the facts on my decision to not eat meat:

1. There are no secrets that I know about being vegetarian besides how to make great faux meatballs.
2. I think no less of people who do eat meat.
3. My decision is based on seeing how long I could go without. In life what we do is just as important in that which we will not do.
4. Soy cheese tastes like crap.
5. Yes, I did think I would not be able to go without steak or chicken, but I got used to it.
6. There are tons of things that I can eat!
7. You can get protein in your diet as a vegetarian IN MANY WAYS.
8. There is a difference in Vegetarianism vs. Veganism. Vegans do not have any animal products. Vegetarians will have an Egg & Cheese Bicuit and be happy.
9. Yes, I may go back to eating meat one day, it just hasn't been that day yet.
10. No one likes answering the same questions over and over again.
11. MOST IMPORTANT- CHICKEN AND FISH ARE MEAT! (I get asked if I eat chicken or fish everytime I go out to eat!)

Alright, I am gonna go eat something good and yummy and not weird.

4 Comments:

Blogger stephen joseph said...

okay, you need morning star ground soy meat,
eggs,
onions,
garlic,
thyme,
salt,
pepper,
paprika,

meld together and and spices accordingly,

make somewhat smaller than normal meatballs to ensure they cook properly,

425 until crispy brown

let sit so they do not crumble apart, put in sauce, cook sauce like normal, enjoy

the same works for meatloaf

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home